Half Day Sports Rafting & Dunk Island PACKAGE
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Mission Beach, Queensland
- Product code: WRHDT
* PLEASE CHOOSE A DATE FOR YOUR RAFTING DAY IN THE CALENDAR HERE (your preferred date for your Dunk Island transfer will be entered in the next screen)
RAFTING:Experience the world class Tully Gorge river rapids:
- 6km of fun
- Rapid grades 2,3
- 9:00am or 12:00pm start
experienced and professional guides will be there to give you the
assistance when needed while teaching you control and patience.
- You will traverse the best of two worlds: Whitewater & World Heritage Rainforest
- You will be in charge of your own sports raft
- You will leave with new SKILLS and an AMAZING Experience
- You will become a member of the Wildside Adventures Warriors Club
Mission Beach Dunk Island Water Taxi operates from Wongaling Beach and is a quick & easy way to get to Dunk Island in comfort in their custom designed 10 metre long vessel with seating for up 24 passengers. The day trip is all made easier by the great team at the Mission Beach Water Taxi who are friendly and always ready to help out.
Dunk Island’s lush rainforest, dense flora and fauna offers a variety of wildlife, the blue Ulysses butterfly, mammals and about 150 species of birds, including rare and vulnerable seabirds. The spectacular island also offers a large variety of marine life in the reefs, including crabs, shellfish, sea turtles, fish, dugongs and colourful corals.
As well as magical walking tracks and secluded beaches, Dunk Island also offers toilet and shower amenities on the spit and fantastic campgrounds with BBQ facilities, so upon finishing your walks, you can unpack the picnic in the Day Use Area and spend the rest of the day relaxing under the shade of the palm trees. Stop in at the Sunsent Bar for lunch and a couple of cold drinks after a wander up Mt Kootaloo!
Times of departure are: 9am, 10am, 11am
Return times are 12.00pm & 3.30pm (other times by request).
PLEASE NOTE – BOOKINGS ARE RECOMMENDED – TIMES CAN CHANGE